- The Utah Division of Parks and Recreation will be hosting their annual Military Appreciation on Saturday, Aug. 10, 2019. As part of the celebration, all Utah State Parks (excluding This is The Place Heritage Park) will offer free day-use entrance for active military, veterans and their families in the same vehicle.
What: Utah State Parks Military Appreciation Day
When: Saturday, August 10
Where: All Utah State Parks, excluding This is The Place Heritage Park
In addition to free admission, many state parks will be hosting additional activities and events to celebrate.
Many of these parks will also be hosting fun events to celebrate. Check out the list below for individual park events and activities. This list was last updated August 2.
- Bear Lake State Park: Watch a parade of boats decorated with colorful lights beneath an amazing fireworks display.
- Camp Floyd Stat Park Museum: Stroll through our military displays honoring those who have served. Food will also be available for purchase.
- Dead Horse Point State Park: Along with the free entrance, please join us for our night sky program at 9:30 p.m. to view the planets and the moon.
- Fremont Indian State Park Museum: A flag raising ceremony by the Monroe American Legion at 8:30 a.m. followed by a 9 a.m., pancake breakfast.
- Frontier Homestead State Park Museum: Different historic activities offered at the top of every hour from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Join us for military drills, rope making, semaphore and Morse code.
- Goblin Valley State Park: Offering a 20% discount on all gift shop food and merchandise to active duty and veterans.
- Hyrum State Park: One hour of free canoe rentals while supplies last.
- Kodachrome Basin State Park: We invite all military and their families to visit the park and have a free hot dog on us from Noon-1 p.m.
- Otter Creek State Park & Piute State Park: The park will be handing out certificates to military and veterans.
- Palisade State Park: Free all-day canoe rental and 9 holes of free golf (carts are an additional fee).
- Rockport State Park: Free entrance into Dam Jam. Also, one hour of free paddleboard, canoe or kayak rental while supplies last.
- Soldier Hollow Golf Course: Veterans and active military receive one free large bucket of balls. Simply show your military ID at the pro shop counter.
- Territorial Statehouse State Park Museum: Special tours of some military oriented exhibits.
- Utah Field House of Natural History State Park Museum: 9:00 a.m. flag raising ceremony with live music. From 9:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. there will be a pancake breakfast free for military and their families.
- Wasatch Mountain State Park: Enjoy free games, cake and ice cream for military families from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Wasatch Mountain Golf Course: Veterans and active military receive one free large bucket of balls. Simply show your military ID at the pro shop counter.
- Yuba State Park: Free pancake breakfast for veterans from 8-10 a.m. A flag ceremony at 7:30 am. There will also be a pancake-eating contest with prizes for the winners
For additional information, please visit https://stateparks.utah.gov/resources/military/military-appreciation-day/. For a list of all state parks and their locations, visithttps://stateparks.utah.gov/.