The Utah Department of Veterans & Military Affairs (UDVMA), in partnership with the Governor’s Office, is launching an outreach campaign to encourage Utahns to celebrate and honor Veterans in their communities ahead of Veterans Day.
#HonorUtahVeterans encourages Utahns to strengthen bonds with Utah’s Veteran community ahead of Veterans Day.
As part of the #HonorUtahVeterans campaign, Utahns are encouraged to take action in showing their gratitude for those who have served. Since Utahns are unable to come together at traditional Veterans Day celebrations, we encourage individuals to commemorate Veterans Day in the following ways:
- Fly an American flag on Veterans Day. For more information on how to properly display the flag on Veterans Day, visit www.usa.gov/flag.
- Reach out and thank Veterans in the community—whether that is by phone, letter, or video call—for their selfless service.
- If Utahns don’t know a Veteran, they are invited to participate in UDVMA’s #HappinessForHeroes initiative, and write a letter to residents at Utah’s four Veterans Homes or send a message for patients at the George E. Wahlen Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center in Salt Lake City.
- Share your messages of support and gratitude for veterans on social media by using the hashtag #HonorUtahVeterans.
- Watch the virtual Utah National Guard Veterans Day concert online on Veterans Day at www.facebook.com/utahnationalguard.