The Utah Department of Veterans & Military Affairs (UDVMA) is now hiring for an Outreach Program Specialist/Veterans Service Officer (VSO).
This position is in Salt Lake City and will specifically focus on assisting current conflict Veterans and family members (Statewide Position). In this position, this person will reach out to Operation Enduring Freedom and Operation Iraqi Freedom (OEF-OIF), and Inherent Resolve Veterans and their beneficiaries with information about and assistance in accessing their benefits.
The best-qualified candidate will:
- Become a VA certified Veterans Service Officer (VSO), within 6 months from the date of hire.
- Have computer proficiency with Microsoft Windows, Word, Excel, the internet and email.
- Be able to work some weekends.
- Be willing and able to do some traveling throughout the state.
- Have an acceptable driving record as demonstrated by a recent printout by the Department of Motor Vehicles.
- Be able to demonstrate knowledge of outreach methods, interviewing and assessment techniques.
- Demonstrate knowledge and commitment to advocate for Veterans’ needs.
- Demonstrate the ability to work as a member of a team and to work effectively with other community agencies in the best interest of the participant and the agency.
Employment is contingent upon obtaining and maintaining a security clearance if needed.
Preference may be given to veterans and disabled veterans with an honorable discharge.
To learn more or to apply, visit http://bit.ly/2Tp89ja.