Based on recommendations from the Utah COVID-19 Force, the Utah Department of Veterans & Military Affairs (UDVMA) is postponing several gatherings to minimize the spread of the novel coronavirus.
On Thursday, the Utah COVID-19 Task Force issued recommendations to limit gatherings of more than 100 people for healthy individuals and gatherings of more than 20 more for individuals over the of age 60 or immunocompromised. As a result, the following UDVMA events, partner events and other veterans and military community events are postponed until further notice:
- Breakfast with the Directors of VA Salt Lake City Health Care System and VBA Regional Office on Tuesday, Mar. 17 at Building 8 of the George E. Wahlen VA Medical Center
- Civilian Aide to the Secretary of the Army Reception on Tuesday, Mar. 17 at the Utah Capitol
- Sisters in Service: Honoring Utah’s Women Veterans Celebration on Friday, Mar. 20 at the Utah Capitol
- Hiring Utah’s Heroes Career and Benefits Fair on Wednesday, Mar. 25 at the Mountain America Expo Center
- Social or community gatherings at the William E. Christoffersen Salt Lake Veterans Home, George E. Wahlen Ogden Veterans Home, Mervyn Sharp Bennion Central Utah Veterans Home and Southern Utah Veterans Home
- Chapel services at the George E. Wahlen VA Medical Center
In addition to these events, the Operation Enduring Freedom (OEF)/Operation Iraqi Freedom (OIF) Working Group meeting at the Ft. Douglas Military Museum and the Veterans Advisory Council meeting at William E. Christoffersen Salt Lake Veterans Home, both on Wednesday, Mar. 18, will be moved to virtual events.
The safety and health of Utah’s veterans and military community is UDVMA’s highest priority UDVMA will continue to work with its partners and coordinate with the Utah COVID-19 Task Force regarding preventing the spread of novel coronavirus. More information on efforts regarding Utah’s veteran and military communities will be shared as available.
The Utah Department of Veterans & Military Affairs will work with event partners to announce rescheduled dates for these events in the future.
For more information regarding, the UDVMA can be reached by phone at (801) 326-2372 or email at email@example.com.
State-wide information regarding the novel coronavirus can be found via the Utah COVID-19 Task Force website at https://coronavirus.utah.gov.